Downtown Dental Care: Online Dental Education Library
Our team of dental specialists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
Palm Beach Gardens Dentist
There is an exceptional Palm Beach Gardens dentist that is unsurpassed in the area. This suburb dental office offers patients exemplary treatment options that leave individuals fully satisfied with the results. The compassionate staff take all of their patient’s unique concerns seriously. The professional dental services include a wide array of treatment options. This is a dental practice that can be trusted for all forms of dental needs. The location is ideal for Palm Beach Gardens residents and individuals from outlying areas. Prospective patients can inquire about the many outstanding dental procedures that are available. Many patients can attest to the high quality of service at this remarkable Palm Beach Gardens dentist office.
Patients receive top-notch exams that can pinpoint any potential dental problems. Nothing is left to chance at this full service dental office. State-of-the-art X-rays ensure that underlying problems are not missed. Patients are delighted with the expert cleanings. Preventative care is practiced to reduce future costly and unnecessary procedures. The staff keeps track of a patient’s routine oral health regimen. If further treatment is needed, this dental service provides many on-site procedures. This convenience makes this dental office a smart choice for patients. Continuity of care is important to this fantastic practice.
Great care for patient comfort is stressed at this Palm Beach Gardens dentist office. The atmosphere is tranquil and non-stressful. This reputable dentist is experienced with performing fillings with ease. The standard of care is extraordinary. This innovative dental practice offers patients many forms of cosmetic dentistry. Patients can finally get the smile that they have always desired. Fabulous and natural looking lumineers are a popular choice to improve appearances. This can empower a patient with new found self-esteem. Many other dental appearance procedures are available. The results are absolutely stunning. Gorgeous smiles are the goal of this artistic dentist.
It is not hard to find happy patients at this wonderful dental practice. This dentist has a solid reputation for fine reputable work. People in need of orthodontic treatment need to look no further than this office. Orthodontic procedures are able to be performed at this same location. This dentist stays current with the latest in technological practices. Patients can rest assured that they are receiving the best care possible. This is truly an amazing practice. The convenience cannot be beat. Individuals wanting superior dental health should check out this renowned Palm Beach Gardens dentist
You've no doubt heard it said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In dentistry, you might say it's worth two pounds. Maybe even thousands of dollars. That's because dental problems can become exponentially more expensive — and painful — the longer they go unaddressed. Fortunately, modern dentistry has many easy and relatively inexpensive ways to make sure that today's minor annoyance does not turn into tomorrow's major headache.
Preventive dentistry describes all the procedures used to arrest tooth decay and other diseases in the earliest stages. The goal is to keep you as healthy as possible and maintain your natural teeth for life.
Preventive Dentistry Procedures
Preventive dentistry procedures range from the most basic services that have been used successfully for decades, to recent technological innovations. These procedures include:
- Cleanings. This is where dental health starts. There's just no substitute for physically removing disease-causing dental plaque and calculus (tartar) from your teeth — especially in hard-to-reach areas near the gum line. That's why regular professional cleanings are so important to your health.
- Dental Sealants. These invisible plastic coatings fill the tiny grooves in back teeth so they do not become havens for bacteria. They prevent cavities from forming and the need for fillings later on.
- Fluoride. This mineral is readily incorporated into the teeth's mineral structure, thereby making them stronger and more decay-resistant. Fluoride can even reverse tiny cavities that are starting to form. If you are not getting enough from your toothpaste and drinking water, it can be applied directly to your teeth at the dental office.
- Laser Decay Diagnosis. Laser light can be used to detect early tooth decay quickly and easily, right in the dental office — before full-blown cavities form.
- Mouthguards. Athletic mouthguards are designed to absorb and distribute the forces of impact and minimize traumatic injury to both the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. In fact, an athlete is 60 times more likely to suffer harm to teeth when not wearing a mouthguard. The best ones are custom-made for you by your dentist.
- Oral Cancer Screenings. Your best chance of surviving oral cancer — a disease that affects not only lifelong smokers but also young non-smokers — is early detection and treatment. Oral cancer screenings are a routine part of every regular dental exam.
- Salivary Diagnostics. This is an exciting new development in the field of preventive dentistry. While it is in its infancy, it is already possible to detect the presence of certain diseases with a salvia test, and the technology is developing rapidly.
- X-Rays. For around a century, dentists have been using x-rays to reveal signs of disease not visible to the naked eye. Now, with CAT scans, they have become three-dimensional and are an indispensable tool to diagnose tooth decay, gum disease, bone density, bone volume and tumors.
Your Role in Preventing Dental Disease
There's one more extremely important component of preventive dentistry: you. The procedures mentioned above can only be effective if you come in to the dental office to take advantage of them. Likewise, the importance of maintaining a good oral hygiene routine at home cannot be overstated. Daily effective brushing and flossing will go a long way toward removing the dental plaque responsible for dental disease, tooth loss, and the need for more complex dental treatment.
Tooth Decay — A Preventable Disease Tooth decay is the number one reason children and adults lose teeth during their lifetime. Yet many people don't realize that it is a preventable infection. This article explores the causes of tooth decay, its prevention, and the relationship to bacteria, sugars, and acids... Read Article
Dentistry and Oral Health for Children Dear Doctor magazine brings you this wide-ranging overview of milestones and transitions in your child's dental development. Learn how to protect your children from tooth decay, dental injuries, and unhealthy habits while getting them started on the road to a lifetime of oral health and general well-being... Read Article